TRANSFORMED Leadership Workshop – NYC – March 21, 2024
March 21 @ 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The TRANSFORMED workshop has three big goals:
- First, we will educate you with a deep understanding of the product operating model, and what it means to work that way.
- Second, we will try to convince you with detailed case studies of successful transformations, that while difficult, it is absolutely possible for you to transform your company to the product operating model.
- Third, we will inspire you with truly impressive case studies of product innovation, showing what you too will be capable of doing once you successfully transform.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is intended for those people leading, guiding, or working to learn about transformations to the product model. The session is designed for the leaders out there that are trying to help their companies transform: CEO’s, Chief Digital Officers, Chief Transformation Officers, heads of product (CPO) and heads of technology (CTO, CIO), as well as other key change agents trying to help their company succeed in this journey, such as product or transformation coaches, managers, and influential individual contributors.
How does this workshop relate to the other SVPG workshops?
In INSPIRED, we share the best practices and techniques used by the top product teams operating in the product model. Then, in EMPOWERED we shared the best practices and techniques used by the top product leaders to provide their teams with the kind of environment they need to thrive in the product model.
Yet, the most common question after reading INSPIRED and EMPOWERED has been: “Yes, we want to work this way, but the way we work today is so different, and so deeply ingrained, is it even possible for a company like ours to transform to the product model?”
The TRANSFORMED workshop and upcoming book were created to bridge the gap between where most companies are right now and where they need to be. The leaders of these companies know they must transform to compete in an era of rapidly changing enabling technology, but most of them have never operated this way before.
What topics will be covered?
The goal of the workshop is to provide a comprehensive look at what’s involved in a successful transformation to the product model. This means understanding the necessary new product competencies, the necessary new product concepts, and the critical principles that you’ll need to get right. It also includes tackling the difficult objections, and addressing inevitable problems.
Here are the specific questions and topics we’ll be covering:
- what is the product model, and what does it really mean to transform?
- what can a company do once they’ve transformed that they couldn’t do before?
- what are the new core competencies that the product model depends on?
- what are the new core concepts that the product model depends on?
- what are the set of product first principles that you need to get right?
- how do we assess our organization and create a plan to transform?
- what are the tools and techniques for adopting and managing the required changes?
- what are the common objections from each key stakeholder, and how are they best addressed?
Why choose SVPG?
The SVPG Partners have been there and done that leading companies through successful transformations.
We hold these workshops in order to share the lessons we’ve learned from our many years leading product organizations and product transformations at top product companies. This is why SVPG does not employ “instructors.” Instead, each of our sessions is delivered personally by one of the SVPG Partners. We use our decades of experience to share what works, and what doesn’t, and we go out of our way to expose the tough issues. Invariably, we get many questions because how the best teams work is generally quite different from ho
Please Note: To set expectations properly, we will not be diving in and teaching how to do the various product deliverables such as the product vision, product strategy, team topology, continuous product discovery and continuous delivery, as that would take much longer. We will be describing what each of these concepts are, who is responsible for each, and how to recognize a good result, but that’s very different from describing how to create each of these. We do offer books and workshops for the specific topics (EMPOWERED and INSPIRED), but that is not the goal of this workshop.
Who will be leading this workshop?
For the past twenty years, SVPG has been helping companies around the globe to understand the product model, and develop the necessary skills and competencies to survive and thrive in markets where the enabling technology and customer expectations are changing rapidly.
This workshop will be led personally by Marty Cagan, the founder of the Silicon Valley Product Group, and the primary author of INSPIRED, EMPOWERED and the upcoming TRANSFORMED.
You can cancel with a full refund for any reason up to 14 days prior to the event. After that, it is too late for a refund but you are free to send any substitute you like. (It is generally too late to get substitute attendees from the waiting list so the seat would go unused).
There are no special hotel discounts, but the recommended hotel is the Marriott Courtyard on 135 W. 30th Street.